Green is Good
BestCo is committed to sound environmental stewardship and to having a positive impact. This begins with the health and safety of our employees, and extends to the communities where we do business. In striving for a high degree of sustainability, we abide by the following set of principles:
ComplianceMeet or exceed all applicable federal, state, local and company environmental, safety and health standards
Hazardous Materials ManagementProvide a workplace free of recognized hazards and maintain healthy working conditions.
Closely monitor all areas of our facility for the prevention of pollution.
Waste Reduction and RecyclingParticipate in recycling to the greatest practical extent to reduce impact on landfills and promote recovery of valuable resources.
Monitor our impact on the environment through waste stream analysis, water reduction and energy management.
CommunicationConvey our strong environmental, safety and health commitment to our employees, customers, industry associates, vendors and the general public.
We continually look for ways to implement sustainable practices company-wide, and are proud to have taken the following measures thus far:
- Transitioned to energy-efficient lighting
- Added boiler control modules to optimize fuel burning and reduce emissions
- Replaced black factory roof with energy efficient white reflective roof with new insulation
- Recycling cardboard, paper, plastics, metals, sheet plastic and wood pallets
- Recycling waste liquid food product by transferring it into compost
- Installed dust collectors with HEPA filtration systems
- Reduced carton/tray sizes to better fit products, thus reducing material usage
- Replaced virgin packaging material with recycled material
- Insulated buildings for HVAC energy conservation
- Installed solar lighting in Distribution Center offices
- Installed light sensors for warehouse lighting